Deciding what recipe to blog about isn’t easy for me, as I have this whole list of recipes that I have already created and that I have pictures for. After debating with myself for a while I figured I’m going to post them all sooner or later anyway so it will be just fine no matter what I post. I decided to go for the Zucchini “pasta” recipe.
I am on this diet where I pretty much don’t eat or barely eat any bread, potatoes, pasta, or rice but I do sometimes miss these foods in my dinners. What I did to make it a little easier on myself was make a look alike pasta which is basically just sliced zucchini treated as if its pasta.
– Cherry Tomatoes
– Olive oil
– All seasoning
How to make this:
1. Depending on what kind of shrimps you bought clean them. In a bowl with the shrimps add two pressed garlic cloves, some olive oil, salt, pepper and all seasoning.
2. Then you slice the zucchini, the best way to do this is with a cheese slicer or a potato peeler. I always use the skin as well but that’s up to you. Don’t use the center though because this is mainly just seed and the consistency wont be good for this. You can however use those for the “sauce” part of it.
3. Slice up the cherry tomatoes. I would slice them in half or just leave them whole, but if you slice them the juices will come free and go into the rest of the dish.
4. At this point you will need two pans. In one you put some olive oil and add the shrimps, along with the little sauce it’s reasoned with (olive oil, salt, pepper, all seasoning). Make sure not to leave them in too long or they will get hard (unless you like that of coarse).
5. In the other pan put the Cherry tomatoes and the spinach with a drizzle of olive oil (if you decide to use the core of the zucchini then put it in now). When the shrimps are done add these as well. Mix well but be careful with the tomatoes.
6. In the pan where you made the shrimps without cleaning the pan lightly toss the zucchini in here on low heat. This is so that it gets a nice color and some flavor as well.
7. Now you can put the zucchini on a plate add the rest and enjoy a delicious healthy meal!