After writing the post about my birthday I got a request for the recipe of the Pecan Puffs. I would like to add that they are delishhhh!!! They totally just fall apart in your mouth.. Thinking I’ll have to make these again real soon!!!
Anyhow here’s the recipe:
– 4 oz. (115 g) unsalted butter
– 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
– pinch of salt
– 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
– 4 oz (115 g) pecans
– 4 oz (115 g) plain flour, sifted
– icing sugar for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F, or 150 degrees C. Grease two baking sheets.
2. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the salt and vanilla essence.
3. Grind the nuts in a food processor, blender or nut grinder. Stir several times to prevent nuts becoming oily. If necessary, grind in batches.
4. Push the ground nuts through a sieve set over a bowl to aerate them. Pieces too large to go through the sieve can be ground again.
5. Stir in the nuts and flour into the butter mixture to make a firm springy dough.
6. Roll the dough into marble-size balls between the palms of your hands. Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.
7. While the puffs are still hot, roll them in icing sugar. Leave to cool completely, then roll in the icing sugar again.
Tadaaa, heeeeeelijk! 🙂