To those of you who are fans of my facebook page Spice Up Your Life, you know exactly what I was planning to make for dinner. The weather was decent enough for me to go to the market to get all that I needed and I must say, dinner was a success.
I ended up calling my brother to come over for dinner last minute, he actually said it was one of the best seafood pastas that he has ever had. And a compliment coming from my brother… hmm I was happy!
Enough about how good it was here is the recipe!
A tip about the calamaris: its nice to have them cleaned before buying them because it creates a real mess, but there is soo much more flavor if you buy it at the market and clean yourself!)
– Black olives
– Portobello (optional)
– Fresh tomatoes
– Canned tomatoes
– Olive oil
1. Drizzle olive oil in one pan. Add a small diced onion. When the olive oil and onion is nice and hot add the shrimps and calamaris. Dont cook these too long as they get chewy. When done put this pan aside.
2. Drizzle olive oil in another pan. Add about 4 cloves of garlic and let these heat up a bit. When the olive oil and garlic is nice and hot add some fresh tomatoes (not too small!)
3. Then when the tomatoes are nice and sauteed add the capers, portobellos, black olives and anjovies. Let these simmer for a bit, then add the canned tomatoes.
4. Put up a pot of boiling water for the pasta.
5. Add the shrimps and calamaris to the tomato sauce.
6. Right before the pasta is done, drain the water and add the pasta to the sauce so that it absorbs the sauce and cooks in it a bit.