Last night was amazing! I had a couple of friends over, as well as my dear brother and we had a feast!!!! I had been looking forward to that dinner for about a week if not two! And I have to admit it was worth the wait. The company was great the food was good if I say so myself, and all in all it was a night for the books! (and the blog of coarse)
Sooo what was on the menu you wonder? We started with a fresh and delicious salad that I found on some food blog that I had been checking out: http://inpursuitofmore.com/ too good! All of these salads just looking absolutely amazing and I just had to try one of them out on my dinner guests. Now the funny part is that I have been brought up learning to eat pretty much everything! The only thing my mom always said was: “Super disgusting and I shall never ask you to even try it cuz its VIES” is brussel sprouts in dutch they are called spruitjes. I had gone 22 years without trying a single one and then decided THAT was what I was making for my dear friends :p
The picture just looked soo good I couldnt help my self. Luckily for me, and my guests, the salad was actually pretty amazing! At the point where everyone had had wayyyy to much to eat already people were picking out the brussel sprouts and eating them! I was proud.
So the salad is made like this:
– Brussel sprouts
– Sundried tomatoes
– White beans
– Olive oil
What to doo:
1. Cut off the ends of the brussel sprouts, and cut them into halves.
2. Take an oven dish put in about one tablespoon of olive oil. Then put the brussel sprouts into the dish. Drizzle 2 tablespoons on top and add some fresh thyme.
3. When the oven is hot put these in for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes toss them, and put them back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
4. While the brussel sprouts are in the oven, cut up the feta into blocks, and slice the sundried tomatoes as well.
5. The white beans I got were already cooked and in a glass jar which is yummy as a lot less work!
6. When everything is ready put it all into a bowl add some fresh pepper and some salt. Your done!!!
Tip: If you have leftovers (or you make it again the day after (a) making some quinoa and adding it is delicious as well!
Stay posted for the rest of the dinner 😉 This post will follow tomorrow.