As promised today part two of the amazing dinner post. Sorry its this late but I had a ton of school work to do 😦
Either way back to the post! After the yummy brussel sprout salad I made sweet potato french fries and squid.
The sweet potatoes were very easy, all I did was cut up the sweet potatoes into french fry looking pieces and fried them in sunflower oil.
Then for the squid. I adjusted the recipe a bit because I wanted to keep the squid whole rather cutting off the tentacles.
– A couple of squids (one per person)
– Olive oil
– Canned tomatoes
– Basil leaves
– Fine sea salt
– Black pepper
– Pecorina cheese (1/2 cup)
– Bread crumbs (1/2 cup)
– Flat-leaf parsley (1/4 cup)
– 2 large eggs
1. Stir tomatoes into oil in a pot along with the basil, the sea salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and let this simmer for about 10 minutes.
2. While the tomatoes are simmering, stir together the Pecorino, bread crumbs, parsley, garlic eggs and some pepper.
3. Stuff each of the squid bodies with the bread-crumb mixture.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over high heat, saute the squid turning them over until browned and any liquid given off is evaporated.
5. When the squid and tomato sauce are done, put some of the tomato sauce on top of the squid and serve.