I had amazing meat balls in Curacao that my dad had made for a couscous, granted the spices he added in his were different but they were so moist! Mine are always really dry, so I asked him what he put in them. The ingredients were easy to follow but when he told me the process and how long it takes him I was like yea.. nevermind.
Today I decided to make meatballs but without the crazy long process. I did however add the same ingredients (along with some other spices) and they were amazing! Moist, and flavourful! I had a Tiara style ratatouille to go along with it and some scented jasmin rice as well.
Ingredients for the meatballs:
– minced meat
– bread crumbs
– garlic (about 6 cloves cut very very small)
– 1 diced onions
– an egg
– olive oil
– herba mare
Mix everything together, make the meatballs and cook them on very low fire. I cooked them in butter which I never do but it was totally worth it!!!
Then for the ratatouille:
– Red bell pepper
– Yellow bell pepper
– Green bell pepper
– Can diced tomatoes
– Zucchini (courgette)
– Two tomatoes
– Olive oil
1. Cut up the bell peppers into long slices and put them in a pan with olive oil on very low heat. Cut up the onions and garlic and add these. Let it simmer.
2. Add some thyme, rosemary salt and pepper and continue to let it simmer.
3. Add the sliced zucchini and the tomatoes and let this simmer.
4. Now add the can of diced tomatoes. When everything is nice and browned and soft (not too soft of coarse) your ready to eat!