Today I got a request from an old friend back in Arnhem for some high protein low fat recipes for those guys trying to build some muscle… I decided to look up a couple of recipes especially for him, obviously these are not just for getting buff, they are delicious too so try them!
Salmon curry with coconut and lemongrass
For 4 servings
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 stems lemongrass
– ½ teaspoon turmeric
– 50 ml coconut cream
– juice from one lime
– 1 tablespoon fish sauce
– a pinch of sugar
– 500 g salmon, without the skin, diced
– 1 handful coriander
– Rice for on the side, optional
1. Put a large pan on medium heat and add the vegetable oil. When the oil is hot add the onion and let these get nice and brown 5-6 minutes, keep stirring them so they don’t burn!
2. With a spoon smash the ends of the lemon grass, to let the juices out. Put the lemon grass and the turmeric in the pan and cook for 30 seconds, keep stirring. Add the coconut cream, the lime juice, the fish sauce and the sugar. Bring the sauce to a low boil. Stir this a bit; keep it cooking for about 10 minutes.
3. At this point you need to add the salmon, don’t cover the pan. Let the salmon cook till its soft, and the sauce is nice and thick. Add the coriander, stir everything well and serve.