Hey guys I have been super excited to blog about the Boeuf Bourguignon that I made a few days ago. I made with my my dad and boyfriend and it was a lot of fun to cook together! I strongly suggest that you guys try this recipe because its super yummy!!! I know I havn’t posted a lot of recipes lately so I will make it up to you today by adding a lot of awesome pictures!
P.s. on days like this I really wish I could share kitchen aromas with you along with the pictures!
Ingredients: (for 6 people)
– 5 Garlic cloves peeled and squished (not sure what the real word is here sorry 😛 )
– 37 cl cheap red wine
– Olive oil
– 4 Tablespoons flour
– 2 Laurier bay leaves
– 4 or 5 Thyme sticks
– 100 Grams of bacon
– 1.2 Kilos shoulder steak (sucade lappen)
– 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
– 6 Carrots
– 200 Grams shallots (we also added white onions)
– 2 Celery stalks
– (optional mushroom)
1. Put the olive oil, butter and garlic in a pan. Then fry the meat and bacon in the oil.
2. When the meat is browned add the flour and the tomato paste, followed by the shallots onions, and red wine.
3. Now add all the other ingredients.
4. Cover everything with a layer of water. Turn down the heat, and let this simmer for about 2 hours.
5. Your food is ready!!!!! (yes I know its VERY simple!)
I have a little sneak preview of a tarte tatin that we made along with the boeuf bourguignon. The recipe will be posted don’t fret.