It’s time for a guest post again! Yaay! This month a friend of mine invited me to come have dinner at her house, the dish that she was going to make for my guest post. It was delicious…
So without further adieu Nadege’s Plum Chickennn
Plum Chicken (serves 2)
I don’t exactly know when or why I got the inspiration for this dish. I usually cook krioyo food, and in an attempt to step out of my comfort zone I cooked this meal, and I loved it! There are many (different) recipes for plum chicken online.
I saw most of ‘em, but none of them “fit” me. So I thought; Why not do it myself? If you want to do it like Nadège does it, follow these easy instructions.
– 4 chicken thighs (with or without the bone, whichever you prefer! I personally prefer it with the bone)
– 1 can of plum preserves (in juice)
– 1.5 fresh plums
– 100 ml red wine
– 3 to 4 tbs honey
– 6 tbs Soy sauce
– 1 onion
– 2 garlic cloves
– 1 tsp fresh ginger
– 1 bay leaf
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees (C)
2. In a bowl, mix the honey and the soy sauce with the plum preserves. You will not need the whole can, 8 to 10 plums will do. Don’t forget to deseed the plums! I usually split the plums apart in 2 pieces.
|Nadege preparing the chicken|
3. Season the chicken to taste with salt and pepper, and coat it with the marinade. Save some for the sauce!
4. Grill the chicken for 40 minutes, turning it once.
5. In a pan, fry the chopped onion and chopped garlic. Later on, add the chopped ginger.
|Pan fried onions|
6. Add the wine and reduce it. Add the chopped plums, bay leaf and the rest of the marinade.
At last add the chicken and let it simmer until the plums are soft.
Serve with rice and whichever veggies you like!