Hey followers of ‘SpiceUpYourLife’! I am honored that Tiara asked me to write her 7th guest blog post! I myself also have a website that I share with my boyfriend called Foodhippies. We don’t write about recipes, but I do apply all my healthy knowledge on my cooking! This entire recipe also happens to be organic! It’s a super easy and healthy recipe for a hot summer day. It’s also a great meal if you’re going on a sunny summer vacation incase you want to be bikini ready. The meal has very few carbs and is light on the stomach. I eat it vegetarian but you can also add grilled chicken!
Cherry tomato zucchini pasta
· 3 tbsp olive oil
· 2 large red onions diced
· 4 cloves of garlic sliced
· 1 eggplant diced
· 1 red bell pepper diced
· 2 tomatoes diced
· 2 large mushrooms sliced
· 1 red chili pepper sliced (remove the seeds if you don’t care for spicy)
· 4 stems of fresh oregano or 1 tsp dried oregano
· 70 g of tomato paste
· 2 cans of cherry tomatoes (each 400 g)
· 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
· 50 ml red wine
· ½ tsp salt and pepper
· 1 large zucchini
· 8 fresh basil leaves
· 4 tsp grated parmesan
1. Put a large sauté pan on medium heat and add the olive oil, onions and garlic and fry for 3 minutes or till the onions are translucent.
2. Add the eggplant, bell pepper, fresh tomatoes, mushrooms, red chili pepper and oregano; fry this for 5 minutes
3. Add the tomato paste, cans of cherry tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and red wine and let it simmer for 20 min. Add some salt and pepper for seasoning. If it dries out, add some extra water.
4. While the sauce is simmering, you can start making your zucchini spaghetti with your Spirali (available at http://www.bol.com/nl/p/lurch-spirali/9200000015483851/) or slice it thinly with a cheese slicer.
5. When the tomato sauce is ready, pour some over your zucchini pasta and add some Parmesan and fresh basil. Bon Appétit!