I am happy to say that I have made my first Silver Spoon recipe! I was cooking for my boyfriend and some friends this week and I had no idea what to make. It was my first time cooking for them so while I went to school my boyfriend got to choose the recipe… And well I am always up for rabbit…
This takes a while to make though, between an hour to an hour and a half, so make sure that you have the time to make it! We made it with some mashed potatoes and a delicious arugula, avocado and parmesan salad.
– 1 Rabbit (cut into pieces)
– 4 Tablespoons olive oil
– 3/4 cup dry white wine
– juice of 1 lemon, strained
– 1 fresh rosemary sprig, chopped
– 2 Fresh marjoram leaves, chopped
– 1 Fresh flat-leaf parsley sprig, chopped
– 1 Garlic clove, crushed
– 1 Scallion, white part only, sliced
– 1 Bay leaf
– 2 Tablespoons strong mustard
– Salt and pepper
- Brush the rabbit with some olive oil, then season with lots of salt and pepper. Then in a big pan heat the rest of the olive oil, and brown the rabbit. When it has browned on all sides pour in the wine and lemon.
- At this point add some more salt and pepper, as well as the rosemary, marjoram, parsley, garlic, scallion and bay leaf. Lower the heat and cover the pan. Let this simmer for about 50 minutes.
- While the rabbit is simmer it is the perfect time to start making your mashed potatoes and a salad or other yummy veggies.
- Mix the mustard with a tablespoon of water and after the 50 minutes have passed add the mustard to the rabbit. Uncovered cook for about 10 minutes till the sauce has thickened.
- Discard the bay leaf and serve. Bon Ap!!