You might have seen a picture of my lasagna if you follow me on instagram. If you don’t follow me yet don’t forget to do so now to see pictures of what I am up to: spiceupyourlifewithtiara
You probably noticed that I am a pretty big fan of my new cookbook! My boyfriend is a huge lasagna fan and I kept telling him that i’d make him a lasagna, so yesterday I finally did! This recipe is AMAZING, and I don’t say that easily… Here it is, enjoy it! (also bare in mind you need about one to one and a half hours to make this)
– 3 Tablespoons olive oil
– 1 Onion, diced
– 1 Celery stalk, diced
– 1 Carrot, diced
– 500 Grams Minced meat
– 1 1/2 Cups tomato strained
– 1/2 Cup white wine
– 1 Cup (or more) parmesan (grated)
– 2 Mozarella balls (sliced or grated if you get hard mozarella)
– Salt & pepper
– Lasagna sheets approximately 500 grams
– Heat up the olive oil, then add the onion, celery and carrot. When these are sautéed a bit add the minced meat. Mix the meat with the vegetables and brown the meat, when the meat is browned add the tomato sauce and white wine and simmer for about 30 minutes. Now is the best time to go to the bechamel sauce and start to make this.
– At this point you have to start putting together your lasagna. Butter or oil your pan. Then add a thin layer of your tomato and meat sauce. Then add the lasagna sheets to cover the pan. Now you add your second layer of tomato sauce, then some bechamel, and your two cheeses. Continue to layer till you get to the last layer. You should add some extra cheese to your last layer!
– 1/4 Cup butter
– 1/4 Cup all purpose flour
– 2 1/4 Cup milk
– Nutmeg (add to taste)
– Melt the butter in a pan, then add the flour and mix well.
– Add the milk all at once and whisk on medium heat. Add the nutmeg and salt.
– When the bechamel starts to thicken turn off the heat and let it cool down. The bechamel is at the right thickness when it coats the back of a wooden soon.